Introduce Yourself!

Hello all,
I am new here, from Indiana, and interested in creating a delivery based juice business. I am looking for helpful information that will either inspire me to pursue this idea or dissuade me if it does not appear feasible. I learned about juicing from my uncle when I was a child but never tried it until I saw Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I completed the 60 day thyroid program although I’ve never been diagnosed with that issue and found my energy high and a weight loss of 15 pounds. I believe that so many physical and mental health issues are related to the pre-packaged, chemically enhanced and GMO foods so available to people. I am hoping to help by making juice more available to people interested.

4 Likes

Hi Misty!
You have the most important thing you need for starting a juice business, the passion for wanting to help people by spreading the juice :blush: I can’t tell you how many times I have heard from juice bar owners that the passion and belief for what they do makes it all worth it and makes getting through the tough times bearable!

Hi Karen,

I wanted to reach out and hopefully get some guidance! This is a personal question but do you have children? My husband and I are looking into opening our juicer/smoothie/bowl shop; However, I recently found out I am pregnant and due in June. I also have a two year old that I currently stay at home with! I was hoping to opening the juice bar within 5 months post baby BUT am worried that I might be getting in over my head! Any guidance or suggestions??

We do not have young children… it would be a hard juggle if we did. To be honest, it takes a ton of time, especially right before opening and then for the first year. I don’t want to discourage you, but at the same time, you should be prepared for long days and nights organizing, managing suppliers, remodeling, hiring staff (or working yourself, which is obviously time committed), etc. Even after 2.5 years, I’m at the juicebar nearly every day (even with an awesome manager)… and sometimes during emergencies (like today when our prep frig holding all of our smoothie supplies died… gotta go dump product and sanatize…yippeee !)
Still, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
People with young children do it, but you may want to look into buying a franchise with all of the tough stuff already figured out…it’s the starting from scratch that’s the hardest (* PS. we are likely franchising here in the next 6 months, so follow us on facebook or private PM me if interested. )

Katie from Katie’s cold press had an amazing talk about work life home life balance at Juicecon. I am sure @charlie is releasing the videos throughout the year. Definitely helped me out, and I don’t even have kids! Haha. But very inspiring.

3 Likes

Hey! I started my business with a 6 month old daughter, and had twin boys a couple years later, but we just recently went from selling at farmer’s markets and doing local deliveries to operating a full juice bar. There is no way I could do it without a (more than) 50/50 partner and full time childcare. It is worth it in the long run, but we are in our first month at the shop and I literally go days without seeing my kids because I’m working 4AM-9PM every day. Things will be better once our staff are fully trained, but it is a huge time commitment for sure. I would make sure you have lots of support and realistic expectations about the temporary sacrifices, going in!

3 Likes

Thanks so much, Ari!! It was so fun talking with you - looking forward to next year’s conference!

Hi everyone
My name is Sergei. From Russia, far east, Vladivostok. It is a city which is located near China, Korea and Japan. We are living in the shore of the sea of Japan.
I was in California in 2014 and fell in love whese different cute green bottles. It semmed that cold pressed juice is a lifestyle. Modern, open, healthy, sunny lifestyle.
The X1 juicer i have bought last summer.
My city have cold weather 5-6 months in a year. And i want to convey sunny-bright mood to my city. It’s hard, but possible.
I have digestive problems for a long time. I can’t eat raw vegetables, fruits and berrys. A lot of fibres make me stomach pains. For me juice is an entrance to eat fruits and vegetables. It makes me less problems with health. I hope that i will be healthy in a future.
My favorite juices are apple lemonade (recipe from Goodnature) and pomegranate juice.
I have a retail at the mall and delivery.
I also have a second hobby. it’s a speciality coffee. I have three coffeshops.
Our inst: https://www.instagram.com/w.juice.vl/
Our site is under reconstruction

Sorry for my Eng:)

3 Likes

Hi all, I am Richard Ma from China.

I am starting a business offering healthy and functional shakes for people who work out to build muscle or lose fat.

I used such service while I was in US. After coming back to China, I found there is such demand but lacking in such service. I make shakes and smoothies back home for myself after workout. I want to share it with other people and make it a business.

I am hoping to meet professionals for recipe discussions.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Kayo Adeboye, a health enthusiast and aspiring juice bar owner from Nigeria.
My business will be built around the X1 mini Pro and a commercial citrus juicer- still considering Zumex.
I am excited to be part of this forum and I hope to leveraged your knowledge and experience as I set up my Juicebar- scheduled to start by April, 2019.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Kayode Adeboye, a health enthusiast and aspiring juice bar owner from Nigeria.
My business will be built around the X1 mini Pro and a commercial citrus juicer- still considering Zumex.
I am excited to be part of this forum and I hope to leveraged your knowledge and experience as I set up my Juicebar- scheduled to start by April, 2019

3 Likes

Hi – I’m Steve and I live in Dallas, Texas.
And, I need your help.

About ten years ago, I was hit by a car. Yes, it hurt. About six years later I discovered cold-pressed juicing and after years of struggling, my recovery finally began. The results were so dramatic that about a year ago, I began a blog both about my journey and about my ongoing education about juices.

It’s: www.befitagain.com

Here’s where you come in:
Finding reliable, sourced information about the benefits of juicing is HARD to locate! I read tons of claims and "it is reported that"s.
What I try to do in my blog is identify sources of science behind the health claims, one juice at a time.

For example, in Ari’s book The Juicing Companion (good book!), lots of health benefits are listed for each specific fruit’s or vegetables’ juice. I don’t doubt them, but I can’t source them all, either.

So, please read my blog posts, let me know what you think, and if you’re aware of good sources of information about these health benefits, I’d really appreciate your input.

All the best, Steve

4 Likes

@Steven_Thrasher welcome to the community!

you can look at the nutrients within the fruit or veggie then find info about the benefits of those nutrients instead of just looking for benefits of a specific fruit or veg.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Jen and I have a small juice business, not quite a year old, called Just Juice It! Our business will be homeless at the end of this month so I’m concentrating on my juice subscription, Juice On The Go!, and conducting what I call juice pop-ups. I go to a local coffee shop or wellness center with some premade juices as well as ingredients and my juicer for one day a week. The newsletter The Juice It Journal has subscribers and I’m trying to turn those people into buyers. For me, I notice that when I am consistent with juicing I don’t need coffee and all my cravings disappear! It’s so rewarding to have my customers come to me on a consistent basis telling me how wonderful they feel drinking the juices and that they are trying the recipes that are included in our newsletter. I’m happy to be small right now. Knowledge is key and right now I’d like to learn as much as possible.

4 Likes

That was my initial thought as well; however, I’ve learned that each juice has a nutritional profile that amplifies the benefits of certain vitamins over others (which is why a body passes most tablet-vitamins without absorbing most of the nutrients).
I’m pretty sure that there’s a LOT more going on than mere vitamin/mineral content, and hope “putting the pieces together” from the research that’s already available will give people yet another powerful reason to skip McDonalds and head to their local juice bar.
All the best, Steve

1 Like

Good Morning All. My name is Steve Roper and I am one of the founding partners of The Great Canadian Cider Company in Collingwood Ontario. Four years ago my partner and I began a quest to create a commercially available organic cider, which we have done and won several awards during the journey but we are still new and still in a large learning curve. I would like to reach out to the community to ask some questions and see what the responses are on a variety of topics.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Joseph. I’m working for a restaurant here in Princeton, Kentucky, USA. We are a semi- farm to table/local foods restaurant.
I’m considering adding a juice bar here and will be looking for help and answers! Thank you all for any interest and information you might be able to supply.
Strike up a conversation with me!
Thanks,
Joseph

3 Likes

Hi there!

I am Angelica Haymes living in Hudson, New York.
I originally grew up in the suburbs of Queens, NY and spent my summers on my families farm in Puerto Rico.
My juice business is called Little Rico, we are based out of Hudson, New York and have been graciously offered to use a cafe space in a hotel/restaurant called WM Farmer and Sons. We will strictly be offering raw, cold pressed juice at first with the hopes to add smoothies and other health-filled quick and easy bites. We focus on community, supporting local and hopes to continue to be environmentally friendly and conscious.

About me
I have been making health-specific juice recipes for the past 5 years, and has been in love with the hudson valley since 2009!
Many experiences, education opportunities, and jobs along the way informed my desire to ultimately open Little Rico in the Hudson Valley .
Coming from a family of farmers in Puerto Rico, ive was always aware of a connection between where I got my food and the community that it served. This connection between food and community became a priority when seeking a location to settle down.
I graduated university with a BA in psychology and sociology, with a focus on early childhood development. This education, along with the fact that I have been a childcare provider for over 10 years, gave me immense insight on how the health of both men and women have profound impacts on the health of their offspring.

Meanwhile, while working many late nights back in 2013, I started to notice a decline in my health. This is when my natural affinity for health, nutrition and juice started to really become relevant in my life. I became very interested in holistic nutrition, focusing on juice as a medicine. I decided to take it one step further and became a certified Holistic Nutritional Health Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in 2014, and ever since then I have been spreading knowledge, advice, juice(s), superfood smoothies, salves and any other natural goodies I have learned about to our community.

Since my first juice bar job at the age of 16, I have consulted and worked with 5 small juice businesses. I am stoked to take my years of varied experience to open Little Rico and serve the community.

The goal is to not only offer quality locally-sourced products, but to bring a blend of my years of experience in hospitality, caregiving and health coaching and educate people on how they can care for their bodies/health. The sense of community and abundance of local farms in the Hudson Valley made it a natural choice when deciding where to plant roots and start a business and a family.

• Angelica
7 Likes

Hi I am Rhosyll Jeffers. An aspiring juice entrepreneur. I am from the lovely Island of Nevis which is a part of the federation of St. Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean. Presently, I am working towards establishing a business that produces natural juices first to my island then to the rest of the Caribbean and beyond. I am in need of machinery, more specifically an industrial juicer and an ice lolly sealer machine. Also I would like to improve or advance myself in this area. I am hoping to meet a network of friends who have the same interests.

4 Likes

Hey all!

From South Florida (Palm Beach/Broward County)

Our juice bar is located inside of a yoga studio, and we aspire to have our own stand alone store next year. We have been in business for 7 months, and the X-1 mini is taking us to new heights.

When I started this business I didn’t know that I would fall in love with juicing. I just thought we would make some smoothies, and bowls and the occasional juice. I had been juicing for a while before starting the business, but my passion has grown since owning and operating the juice bar.

We look forward to contributing to the community and I can’t wait to pick the brains of the people who came before us!

4 Likes