If anyone follows me on social media (IG: @cwjuice) you’ll know that I started a 7 day juice cleanse last night. Although I planned on starting at 6pm, my day got away from me and I ended up eating dinner late, so I didn’t officially cut out solid food until about 9pm.
By the way, the longest fast I’ve done in the past was a 4 day fast, but that included 3 days of just water. The longest juice cleanse specifically I’ve done was 3 days. If (when!) I complete this 7 day cleanse, my next one will be for 30 days.
I will be making YouTube videos each day to keep a video blog of how it’s going. You can watch my pre-cleanse planning video here: https://youtu.be/fASysb0N8u8 Please subscribe!
I have a few basic rules:
- Exercise every day. 45 - 60 minute rigorous cardio workout, 700+ calories per workout. I’m tracking this with my apple watch + heart rate monitor. I will be running, using my peloton bike, or doing crossfit (I may cut out crossfit depending on how I feel).
- Weigh myself around the same time every day. Probably after I work out, since this is when I normally weigh myself. Obviously I lose a bit of water weight when I sweat, but I think tracking progress is more important than actual accurate weight.
- Of course, don’t eat any food. This includes smoothies. I will only drink juice, as defined by the water pressed out of fruit and vegetables.
Here are some other points I want to make about my cleanse:
- I’m not too worried about exactly what type of juice I’m drinking. I don’t have any rules about how much juice I should drink, or that it has to be 6 different recipes per day or anything. Yesterday I made 2 types of juice (a green juice and a carrot based juice) plus lemon ginger shots, and I will just drink juice as I feel I need to. I think people have a tendency to over-complicate cleanses. It’s more about what you’re not putting in your body, and less about having a specifically formulated cleanse with 6 different juices.
- I will still drink coffee in the morning. If you think about it, coffee is basically coffee bean juice. Wait, does that mean I can drink wine??
- My main purpose of doing this cleanse is because I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I also view this as a way to educate myself and others about juicing.
- I will be posting YouTube videos on my channel here. I will also be posting updates on my Instagram story.
I welcome feedback and advice! Although I’ve been around juicing for a long time, I’m not a nutritionist nor do I claim to know a lot about doing cleanses.
I will be posting here daily.
Thanks for the support everyone!