Keeping up with the demand…

Greetings, juice community.
I trust this finds you all well.

We opened our doors a month ago and have had such a beautiful response from our community. A better response than we can keep up with.
We juice from nearly 7-3 and still can’t keep the fridge stocked and ready for the next day. On top of that we have many inquiries about juice cleanses, but have to tell them we don’t have the capacity YET.
I’m guessing having an evening juicer person and even an all night shift is the only way to keep up.

Any wisdom?!

1 Like

Following. We are in a similar situation. What juicer are you using?

1 Like

Hello, @Namastecafeukiah.com and @ThefarmerswifeAZ One trick that can help. Since juicing is somewhat the quick part since you have the X-1, The part that takes the most time would be bottling, cleaning produce and equipment etc. If you split your production into two days, Say you have 8 blends, doing 4 blends but double the amount one day and then the other the next. Doing larger batches can speed up the process. Also when you split the production up try to think about what blends you can do right after each other to skip the deep cleaning of the equipment in between, Similar colors and lightest to darkest work great. I also like to prepare the produce, cut wash and trim anything the night before, so when I come in the morning you can get right to juicing.

1 Like

@ThefarmerswifeAZ
We are currently using an X-1.

To speed up the process, we usually have one person prepping the ingredients, and one person juicing. At the same time, we have the front counter staff labeling bottles (in the down time when they aren’t making smoothies) We only have so much room, so storing a bunch of washed and labeled bottles is a little less available. We do our best to juice lightest to darkest in color, and also do two batches of the more popular varieties. At best, we’ve been able to produce about 12 12-ounce juices, without much overflow, per press (including the second press after stirring the pulp).
We haven’t found the time to prep the produce before the next day. But when we have, the quality of the produce seems to diminish quite quickly, and seems to affect the colors of the juice as well.
With all that being said, THANK YOU ARI for all that you do and provide for us. Your recipes have been accepted and received SO WELL here in Ukiah. We have been quite successful these first two months and a lot of credit I would like to offer you for the phenomenal flavor spectrum you gifted us.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like