Point of Sales options

Hi everyone,

Opening our very first juice bar soon (located in a pilates studio/holistic center). YAY!!!
I am wondering what everyone uses for their juice businesses Point of Sales.

Do you integrate it with your website?

Online orders/Subscription service?

How much do you pay?

Pros/Cons?

Do you have a different credit card processor?

1 Like

I use shopify, they have website, POS, subscription options. Very user friendly and can add apps for different things if needed to customize even more if needed

3 Likes

thank you! Shopify is the number 1 on my list. I am just looking to see if there is any option out there that I haven’t explored.

1 Like

I know I’m a bit late, but depending on your volume you need to shop around. I recommend checking ShopKeep as they have a price match guarantee, although I do not use them. The rates are not set and can be negotiated. We just switched to Wells Fargo with the clover system. It will save us $10k+ a year over square. It made sense for us at about $600k gross sales/year. We hope to continue to grow, but there is no contract until you hit $1M gross sales in a 12 month period.

I hope this helps, but definitely negotiate!

3 Likes

Shopify also has a juice business management app coming soon. Shizu Okusa presented about it at juicecon. Will be posting video either this week or next.

5 Likes

Is giving up over 2 percent and 30 cents per transaction really worth being with Shopify? I understand the e-commerce aspect they bring, but that is really high. That’s on top of a monthly rate plan too. I would look for something without the percentage rate and/or below 10 cents per transaction.

@Kthiem are you saying you only pay less than 1% on credit card transactions with clover?

Charlie! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have attached what I pay for service. I will say that I had lower offers. For example shopkeep offered $9.99 monthly fee and $0.05 cents per transaction. I’m sure I could have kept playing merchants against each other, but I was able to group in some other services with the merchant we chose.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing this!

We’ve set-up Clover as well but with BofA. Our deal with FirstData (owns Clover) which I believe BofA owns part of… beat all other cc rates etc. Plus we’re very happy with the very simple design, functionality and apps. We also did a Mini with a Regular Clover to take away the need of flipping the screen around.

1 Like

Late to the chat here. We at JRINK also use Shopify. While the transaction fees are higher, I wouldn’t underestimate the power of knowing and measuring the customer journey from start to finish, especially if you take sales online and offline. If you have a separate POS to your online platform, it just becomes really messy to analyze (from personal experience). We used to use Square and then switched to Shopify as we wanted a full omni-channel experience for customers be it loyalty platform, referrals, and valuing our top customers. There have also been studies that have shown customers that shop in BOTH stores and online are 3x more valuable from a lifetime value perspective than one channel alone. That is really valuable stuff as you think about opening future locations and where your top customers may live / work / hang out.

Hope this is helpful. More on Canteen, the software we’re creating for going “bricks to clicks” here: Backend Management System/Inventory
It will integrate with Shopify and Square as second.
@Chandra_McCain @Juiced_Canada @Kthiem @rich @charlie

1 Like