Dosage of juice quantity used

Hello,
To make a small amount of juice in 250 ml bottle I add each gram of each ingredient. On the other hand, when I use the same technique from a 250 ml bottle to calculate 10 liters it does not work. I obtain a higher juice quantity and a different taste. Is there a board to change kilograms quantity depending on production volumes? Maybe it’s necessary to use another method with kilograms references for 10 liters then to calculate each quantity on this basis. Considering that each variety and season give a different yield. Cheers

1 Like

@goyate Hello, that’s a little odd but not unheard of, typically you have slightly larger room for error in larger production than you do with per bottle production. Are you weighing everything out? Also what style juicer are you using? Are you using different equipment/juicer for the small recipes and a different type for the larger juicer? Thanks

1 Like

@AriS Indeed, we weigh each ingredient before and after cutting by hands. We only use one juicer that is the model cs 600 Kuvings. If it’s normal to have a slightly larger room for error, do you know a board reference we could use? Thanks

Ok for that amount, it would imagine you would be somewhat close with flavor and quantity if you multiplied you 250ml recipe by 40. Are you saying it tastes different and you are not yielding enough? I would imagine the yield and flavor will vary slightly throughout the seasons, but shouldn’t make a huge variance for that amount.
I am sorry I am not familiar with what a board reference is?

For that amount it’s fine but when we make 30 liters the flavor is different with a high yield. We started to use a reference table. For example, when we calculate first 30 liters of apple juice from 250 ml bottle we should use 50 kg of apples. We know that we should remove 3 kg of apple (using only 47 kg) to obtain the exact amount. Do you know how your clients manage to keep flavor and yield with high juice quantity?

Most commercial juice companies making that much juice are using a juice press like an X-1 or X-1 Mini. That would make your life a lot easier.

3 Likes

For the consistency issue, there is a lot more room for error when producing numerous small amounts instead of one large batch. If I was in need to produce a large amount of one flavor with a smaller juicer, I would be sure to keep a large storage container or juice container in reach in or walk in, and put each small batch as soon as it’s produced into that container. That way you can mix everything and at least that whole batch will taste the same. Produce will definitely vary from season to season and even receiving from various farms, the only real benefit of doing large production on a small juicer is you can actually taste the batches as you go and make adjustments throughout the production. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help, the idea is to use a X1 when we will reach large batch. We should change our reference system from 10 liters. The thing is that we also met a juice manufacturer and they discuss that general reference table following quantities from 50 liters to 100 liters for example. I think that is something you already have worked on for the X6. For example, we use a small quantity of lemon in each recipe that will change a lot in our recipe is we don’t reduce it. We would be interested if you could have more information in the future about this. Thanks