Coronavirus affecting juice business

Hihi!

Just wanted to drop a note to see how everyone is doing?! We’ve opened back up with contactless pick-up Monday and Friday mornings. We’ve been slightly busier than our slower season days, so we are pretty happy with that. Keeping staff to an absolute minimum. We’ve also implemented a juice delivery day that has been pretty successful. We are just breaking even. We’ve come so far!

Be Well Everyone!
~Amanda

we’ve cut our operating hours down drastically from 57 hours a week to only 25 hours. trying to keep staff to an absolute minimum at the moment. sales are slow, much slower than normal and slower than our slowest time of year. I’d say we average about 30% of our usual sales. we’ve implemented 3 delivery days, just joined postmates (which is a rip off when they take 30%) and have added produce delivery to our offerings. trying to thrive anyway we can!

2 Likes

Can you explain the produce delivery in a little bit more detail?

before you add any other 3rd party delivery services, make sure to negotiate ALOT with them to get the % of commission down. UberEats is the only one that doesn’t negotiate. I got Postmates down to 23% (over 2 years), and GrubHub to 20% (again 2 years ago). Things may have changed but it is worth fighting them for a few margin points.

3 Likes

hello, all.

we did answer that survey Charlie sent out. thanks btw. good idea.

hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy. we’re just putting our heads down and grinding every day.

we’re blessed here… i believe we’re experiencing the same bump in business that others have. our clients are drinking and buying more as a line of defense.

we practice everything from contactless curbside to contactless counter orders.

a few (very few, thankfully) customers we have not seen since the ‘stay at home’ orders we announced. most other clients say we’re their only stop aside from the market since this began. we just hope everyone weathers this whole thing through… and hopefully become only stronger.

agree with JuiceBox… we use Postmates at 28% to start.

best 2 you all.

r

1 Like