Blue spirulina (Majik)

Hello, does anyone have a good supplier for this. No luck through the major companies Terrasoul or Nuts.com
Everything I have seen lately seems to just be repackaged with an increased price.
Thanks.

2 Likes

So here is the sticky wicket on Blue Majik Spirulina. Technically you cannot use it in any bottled or ROP (reduced oxygen packaging) products. These reason is that is has NOT been tested by the FDA. If you look on the side label it has listed as a supplemental facts (which means it is not tested by the FDA), and not the Nutritional Facts (verified and tested by the FDA).
All supplements cannot be used in food products used for bottling. Blue Majik does not appear in the US food code as GRAS (generally regarded as safe).
You CAN use it in smoothies, acai bowls, and juices made to order as long as it DOESN’T go into ROP. I doubt anyone using it truly cares, but if you do have an informed and diligent health inspector it can be a 3 point demerit as you are using food items not from an approved food source.

8 Likes

@TheJuiceBoxLV thanks for info. We must go through the same health department. Haha, do you know any suppliers though?

2 Likes

Thats the million dollar question! No I do not unfortunately.

1 Like

IFC Solutions Inc. in New Jersey is listed as an organic supplier in the USDA NOP organic integrity database: https://organic.ams.usda.gov/Integrity/
This is a great place to look for organic suppliers. Since you can search by location, you can also find local growers for produce.
As stated by JV, there are a lot of “grey market” products in natural and organic. Even organic spirulina is not considered a “traditional” organic product since it is grown in water. CBD is the current ingredient riding the grey market wave with the FDA warning that they may classify it as a drug.
You have to look at both federal and local regulations when deciding what ingredients to use and how to classify them. California has an additional set of controls if your product has “supplements” within the state law definition you need to be aware of.
What you can formulate and sell over the counter, may not translate into a retail product.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself considering I produce spirulina and provide different products from it. Without mentioning blue magic I just wanted to say that there is no ORGANIC SPIRULINA, spirulina grows in water not in soil which is for USDA organic certification. In order to grow organic you’d have to go through very lengthy and very expensive process or use animal by products which would pollute the water spirulina grows in.

With that said, you can take spirulina powder ( which we make from our clean spirulina and it’s of the highest potency ) and extract phycocyanin ( the blue stuff using water ) It’s a super simple process but our spiraling turns blue as soon as you mix it with anyhting, Please visit RoyalSpirulina.com for more info on this. We are also the only company in USA who are tested for Microcystin bacteria ( this is crucial so people dont get sick ).

Join our Instagram at RoyalSpirulinaUsa to see images of extract and updates. I would be able to answer any further questions you might have.

Thank you,
Paul.

3 Likes

Ari,

We are working on this.

BTW. The juicer just arrived, it’s amazing. I also have very high quality powder which we make using no heat and no griders ( we have a patent ) I also am growing in California under department of energy where Grant was given to us. We do all by the book with testing and all. Id love to discuss more as we are producing LIVE - POWDER - PASTA - CHIPS and more! Have a wonderful day! Let know if we could jump on a quick call so I can update you on things.

Thank you,
Paul

3 Likes