Activated charcoal

Hi all,

We are looking into creating an activated charcoal lemonad. For you that allready have worked with this product do you have some input:

• Best product on the market for juice businesses
    • Customer experience in the line of other products

Thanks

/Gergö – Juica

2 Likes

Two things I can recommend. Always avoid using metal to touch the activated charcoal, I have read it can pull toxins from the metal. Not sure how true or dangerous this is but I have heard it from a few different sources.
Also make sure it is clearly labeled food grade, health departments will sometimes ask for documentation or proof. This was an issue I had, I had an inspector require we find that the product not only say food grade, but prove it was approved by the FDA as well. Wasn’t easy to find.
Does anyone know or recommend any brand or source for activated charcoal?

4 Likes

Terrasoul has a brand that we use and have had no problems with it at all…hope this helps.

1 Like

Awesome, Thanks, It’s so odd though, They do not have it listed on their webpage anymore and every other supplier of the Terrasoul Charcoal I have come across seem to have it taken off or out of inventory.

We use starwest botanicals activated coconut charcoal! They made a great soluble powder. We make lemonade, which is pretty popular. I find the lemon helps break down the powder easily. Customers love this blend, its a great product to jump start a detox, follow up a bad meal, or fix a hang over :smiley:

7 Likes

Hi Arri,

I reached out to Terrasoul and they said they still have the Activated Coconut Charcoal but it’s only available to Wholesale account. I just logged in and you can only buy 27lbs which is a big upfront cost. The cost per lb is fairly low.

Awesome @David_Kosineski that’s great to know. I always get a little worried when I am down to one supplier for certain items. I feel 27#'s should be enough to get me through a few years of production. Haha thanks again.

1 Like

Hi all,
I was just following up on the Charcoal discussion, and wondered if anyone found any other suppliers? ( I am in Canada, and I realize most of you are not, but I’m trying to source out any supplier at all)
I also wondered if the best charcoal to use would be the Activated Coconut charcoal? This is what I’m using now, and my customers love it! It’s not gritty and no ‘taste’, but the one I use is very pricey. So I’m looking for other options or suppliers
Thanks in advance!
PS. This is my first year in business…so still green ( no pun intended!)

@Dawn_Campbell-Benway hello, yes coconut is the version to get. Just make sure your product is labeled food grade. I checked the Terrasoul site and it mentions a company called “iherb” they ship to Canada it says. They might carry a version for you. Hope that helps.

1 Like

@AriS, sorry for the delay response, busy with this Covid thing! ugh
Thank you so much, that is exactly where I ended up ordering from! So I’m glad you found the same!!

1 Like