Raw juice regulation in the US

Will be sending this article out today: https://www.goodnature.com/blog/the-war-on-raw-juice/

Would like to open up a discussion on the topic of the current regulations on raw juice in the US. How does everyone feel about it? Should be allowed to sell raw juice wholesale or not?

@KatieRaquel

2 Likes

I doubt you will get much push back from any juicer that we should not wholesale. I think that for a lot of us that are just starting out and considering it, we are shocked you cannot. It was a failure on my part that I didn’t research the issue further in the business planning phase. The avenues of revenue for juicers would explode with the ability to do wholesale for raw juice on any level. I get several requests weekly to wholesale our juice to restaurants and such. While there are sub-par work arounds, the logistics and cost barely make a profit for me. A direct wholesale method would significantly increase sales and exposure for my business. I don’t believe I would be in the minority of this belief.

2 Likes

I strongly believe it’s a consumer preference. Everyone is trying to make better beverage choices and also food. The quickest most convenient way to access raw fruits and vege in its natural form nearest to the fruit is definitely through Raw Juice. Consumers should have a right to choose weather they want to “bite n chew” the raw fruit or drink it from a bottle.

I totally agree it should be up to the consumer. A warning label is enough regulation.

2 Likes

Or even a symbol like how on other food products they have the kosher …gluten free