Juicing Wheatgrass

Hi all, I ordered the x1-mini but wondered about juicing wheatgrass by itself. Is there another machine that I should have specifically for just juicing wheatgrass? I don’t plan to juice to order, but will have bottled shots for sale. Any tips are much appreciated.

Wheatgrass is one of the few things that the X-1 Mini doesn’t really work well with. It works ok if it’s just a small amount of wheatgrass combined with another recipe, but if it’s straight wheatgrass or mostly wheatgrass, the strands of grass end up clumping up into a ball in the grinder and won’t go through. I recommend buying one of the standard wheatgrass juicers, as it will give you much better results.

2020 Update: The Goodnature M-1 works very well on wheatgrass. The grinder is very similar to the X-1 mini, however the fact that it’s slightly smaller on the M-1 makes it work better with wheatgrass.

1 Like

Thank you, I was looking at both the Super Angel and Norwalk, any preference or recommendations between the two?

This is the one I normally see at juice bars: https://www.amazon.com/Samson-Super-Juicer-Commercial-Wheatgrass/dp/B00B6RJCE6

2020 Edit: The new Goodnature M-1 also works very well on wheatgrass.

I know this topic is a little old and you’re probably sorted by now but between the Angel and the Norwalk it would have to be the Angel for wheatgrass, however, I don’t know if the Angel has commercial certification.
If not the Samson juicer linked to in the other post that is specifically for wheatgrass, you could look at the Tribest Greenstar Pro as it has the commercial certification and could serve more than one purpose in a shop.

1 Like